Experimental Wool

Having been knitting for a number of months, it was only a matter of time before a wanted to dye my own wool.  I had been worried about the use of chemicals, so when I heard of Kool-Aid I was thrilled and wanted to get started right away.

I went out and bought some  Mirasol Yarn Cotanani, which is beautifully soft and will be wonderful to knit with.

I set about with various plastic cups of dye, plastic take away containers and spirals of wool. (Not forgetting the rubber gloves!) It went really well, though I mixed the dye with way to much water and my wool had a high cotton content, all adding to the less viberant colours.  However, I was please.

Originally the wool was going to be used to make myself a little jacket, but the colours turned out a bit to pale so I am going to shelve it and use it for baby clothes.

The pictures above show it looking a bit brighter, but it dried much lighter as you can see below.

Tagged , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *